Let’s celebrate 123rd Birth Anniversary of Subhas Chandra Bose
January 23: Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose Jayanti.
About Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose
Subhas Chandra Bose was born in Cuttack, Odisha, in a well-off family. From starting he was a brilliant student, Netaji SUbhas Chandra Bose ranked second in the matriculation examination and came fourth in the Indian Civil Services (ICS) examination. He quit his high-paying ICS job and came back to his mother-land India from England in 1921 to join India’s great leaders and to become a part of struggle for independence. Netaji proposed that to earn freedom, it’s necessary to start a war against the British who were ruling India at that time.
He formed the Azad Hind Fauj, a military regiment designed to fight against the British. With socialist beliefs and thoughts, Netaji inspired millions of Indian youths to join the struggle fight for independence in that era.
With his famous tagline “It is blood alone that can pay the price of freedom. Give me blood and I will give you freedom!” he became famous as Netaji amongst all.
How is Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose Jayanti is celebrated?
Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the Museum on Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose and the Indian National Army at the Red Fort in Delhi on the occasion of Subhas Chandra Bose Jayanti.
In the state of West Bengal, most of the schools and colleges organize special events to celebrate Netaji’s birthday. Flag hoisting is a common practice that’s observed on the 23rd of January every year. Patriotic songs and anthems are hummed in colleges and schools by choirs and orchestra groups on this day.
On this day, politicians and intellectuals pay homage to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose by discussing his contributions to the Indian political system and in the freedom struggle.
Famous Quotes of Netaji
- Freedom is not given, it is taken.
- India is calling. Blood is calling to blood. Get up, we have no time to lose.
- It is blood alone that can pay the price of freedom. Give me blood and I will give you freedom!
- One individual may die for an idea, but that idea will, after his death, incarnate itself in a thousand lives.
- Men, money and materials cannot by themselves bring victory or freedom.
- We cannot sit still because we cannot, or do not , know the Absolute Truth.
- Subhas Chandra Bose from 1897 to 1945 C.E.
- He was one of the great Indian freedom fighter.
Find the post interesting! then please share amongst your friends.
Do you have an interesting story to share? Please write to us at email@example.com. To stay updated with more positive news across the country, please connect with us on Facebook and Instagram.