The Novel Coronavirus has spread across 160 countries, killed 10,080 people till now with more than 248,065 infected people worldwide, where Italy suppressed China.
Now a total of 206 cases have been registered in India, let’s see what India is doing against Coronavirus.
Coronavirus is now a Global Medical Emergency
India Against COVID-19
- With the news of the outbreak of COVID-19, the Indian Government initially did the travel ban. Started from 13th March, all tourist visas and OCI entries are suspended until at least April 15, 2020, and 14-day quarantine for citizens returning from seven countries including China, Italy, Iran, South Korea, Spain, France, and Germany. India also had banned entry to nationals of Italy, Iran, South Korea, and Japan on March 13, 2020, and now, no international flight services for a week starting from coming Sunday. Indian Railways will be shut down its concessional travel from Sunday (20th March 2020) midnight, except for patients, students and the differently-abled.
- The travel ban is obvious. This is one of the steps taken by almost every country to stop the virus to enter the country. But, what about the citizens who can’t return to there homeland. With the increase of coronavirus cases in Iran, Four scientists from the Indian Council of Medical Research have reached Tehran with equipment and testing kits to provide the mandatory testing people before they board a plane to India.
- Coronavirus screening, testing and quarantining are taking place at Indian airports.
- With the scare of this disease, schools, and colleges will be closed in many parts of the country. In Delhi, primary schools have been closed till the end of the month i.e., March 31, and, at Karnataka, all educational institutions have been shut for an indefinite period.
- Every IPL fans have to wait for it this season. Where IPL is celebrated as a festival in India, this year, there is not even a word about it. Maharashtra government had stopped selling the tickets of IPL due to the outbreak.
- The Indian government has recommended residents of the country to avoid or postpone mass gatherings.
- Free Coronavirus testing will take place, that to only government-run hospitals.
- The Indian government has also directed for the closure of malls, gyms, movie theatres and swimming pools.
- The Drug Controller General of India has granted permission to the Indian Council of Medical Research to use a combination of lopinavir and ritonavir (the combination used for HIV) this turned India into a public health emergency.
- The government will introduce staggered timings for employees to reduce office crowding and panic situations. Half of Group B and C employees will be required to attend office every day, and the remaining half will work from home, then they will switch in the next week.
- Every public transport will reduce the frequency and consider alternate seating to ensure and encourage social-distancing norms.
- PM Narendra Modi asks people to follow ‘Janata Curfew’ coming Sunday, 22nd March 2020. Traders across the country are likely to follow Janata Curfew and keep their establishments shut in response to a call given by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, said traders’ body CAIT.
COVID-19 cases are there in at least 20 states and union territories in India.
Stay Safe and Healthy!
Found the story interesting! then please share.
Do you have an interesting story to share? Please write to us at email@example.com. To stay updated with more positive news across the globe, please connect with us on Facebook and Instagram.